Kind Attention:

The postings in this blog are purely my personal views, and have nothing to do any commitment from Government, organization and other persons. The views in general respect all sections of society irrespective of class, race, religion, group, country or region, and are dedicated to pan-humanity. I sincerely apologize if any of my writing has hurt someone's sentiments even in the slightest way. Suggestions and comments are welcome.

Sunday, 23 August 2026

The Bond of Rock and Dust

The Bond of Rock and Dust

Through the bond between steadfast rock and wandering dust, the poem reflects how guidance, belonging, and shared origins shape an uncertain life.

My poems unfold for you to see;
My aspirations bloom in your glee.

My changing self is shaped by your view;
My heart and soul belong to you.
Within your shelter, life finds its abode;
Your blessings I seek on every road.

My steps move towards your destination;
My work draws strength from your determination.
I bask in the glow of your radiant prime
And bloom in the grace of your passing time.

When you are near, my spirit is elated;
When you are distant, my heart feels dejected.
Your light has guided each faltering stride,
Though where it may lead, I cannot decide.

Our bond is that of dust and rock:
You stand unwavering through every shock.
I am the dust—small, weathered, yet true,
Finding my place when resting near you.

To live as your speck fills me with mirth;
We differ in form, yet share the same earth.
I often wonder what mark I may leave
Upon the vast strength from which I receive.

Your kindness and trials have shaped my days,
Leading me far from my untutored ways.
Like a patient chisel, your lessons impart
A clearer form to my unshaped heart.

What I shall become remains unknown;
Yet through your guidance, I steadily grow.
To follow your pathway, I humbly yearn;
Through every lesson, your truth I discern.

Life lies in slumber until your call runs deep;
At your gentle summons, I awaken from sleep.
Sweet are the mazes through which you lead;
Each turn reveals what my spirit may need.

Your moments unfold like blessings to me;
Your every glance lets my spirit breathe free.
Though dust may wander wherever winds start,
The steadfast rock remains in its heart.

 Moral line:

However far the dust may wander, it draws strength from the rock to which it belongs.

 

Pawan Kumar,

23rd March, 2026, Sunday, 11:40 Night

(From my Diary dated 07 January 2009)


ЁЯУЪ Books by the Author
If you enjoyed this piece, you may also wish to explore my published works.
— Pawan Kumar

No comments:

Post a Comment